Buying cell phone on paypal!

alex_express
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, three days ago I made a payment for two phones that seller agreed to sell me on paypal and I received the invoice with the descriptons and IMEIs for both of them and the total in which I paid. However the seller has not shipped the items and is not responding how do get my money back? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you made sure you were covered by buyer protection by sending the money via an invoice or via send money > goods and not a personal payment then file for non receipt of item via the resolve a problem link on your summary page via the resolution centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alex_express
Contributor
Contributor

Yea before paying I made him send me and invoice with the description of both phones and if anything he put that he would give me a full refund. After a couple days I call him for the tracking numers and he starts telling me how he scammed and what not. I immediatly filed the claim for non reicept. But, I was just wondering when would I be able to escalate the case do I really have to wait the 20 days???

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Noooooooooooo you don't have to wait 20 days. .......... you have to escalate WITHIN 20 days. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alex_express
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, Thank you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good luck. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alex_express
Contributor
Contributor

Oh one more thing in case the seller provides a tracking number and he sends a empty box instead of the acual items do I just escalate the case or do I change dispute into not described item? Also, would it help if I made a video while opening the items to submit to paypal or pictures...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If its a dispute then once escalated you can change the claim if you need to,  to one of not as described. 

You could do a video as if a dispute fails you may have evidence for a small claims court action. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alex_express
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I was checking on google whether or not it's possible that someone can remove the money from his paypal account and get away with it and learned that people have been getting scammed all the time by this trick. I am really scared now that I will not receive my money and its not a couple hundred were talking about. I want to point out that I made the payment by paypal credit and wanted to know if its really possible for me to lose my money if the seller took the money and left???
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The whole point of PayPal buyer protection is that if PayPal find in your favour on the dispute but the seller has emptied his account then PayPal refund you under buyer protection. 

The horror stories are often daft folks that paid using the family and friends option for buying goods instead of using goods option or paying an invoice and then can't get a refund as their is no buyer protection for "gifts".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.