receiving illegal property from seller

jhickey18
Contributor
Contributor

so i just bought nhl 11 on jan 2nd and just recieved it today on feb 3rd. the cover is authentic and comes with a certificate of authenticity on the sealing of the cover( which i havent checked was real or not). how would i check the validity of that? it has a bar code and the numbers read 69991-537-235-88 and on the right x11-40708. a website that reads howtotell.com is also on the sticker. anyways i plop open the case and the colors on the disc look very weird immediately. they are very dull compared to your average xbox 360 game disc. i turn it over and the back is blue instead of the regular silver you normally get. i plop it in my xbox 360 and it says play DVD. so i do it and nothing happens. all  i see is a xbox symbol and nothing else. i believe this disc was illegally made and i know a little bit about it from looking it up and i guess it wont work unless your xbox is flashed. this information was not described in the purchase so i had no idea i was gonna receive this. what are my options in this situation here? how can i prove it is not real?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.