WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I WANT TO CANCEL THE TRANSACTION FROM BUYERS WHO ALREADY PAY AS ON HOLD?

wawadolly
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE FEW BUYERS WHO SEND ME THE MONEY, BUT I ALREADY TOLD THEM I DID NOT WANT TO SELL THEM THE ITEM BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO RECEIVED PAYMENT AS ''ON HOLD'' STATUS. SO I TOLD THEM TO CANCEL THE TRANSACTION, BUT PAYPAL HAVE SENT ME FEW LETTERS THAT TELLS ME I WILL NEED TO TRANSFER THE AMOUNT TO THE BUYERS VIA WESTERN UNION???????? WHAT SHOULD I DO? I DON'T EVEN HAVE A WESTERN UNION ACCOUNT. WHY IS IT SO COMPLICATED?

THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Dear  Wawa Dolly

Thank you for using PayPal.

Note that PayPal verifies member's account on a regular basis, this transaction ID:
449047162D321011M has been verified and approved by PayPal Authority. 

You are now mandated to send the total sum of  $500.00 via 
  Western Union Money Transfer to the Agent and forward us the    transfer   details 
such as.,,,,,etc.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The payment you received is part of a scam.  If you ever receive any e-mail from PP stating you received money, always log into PP to make sure the e-mail is legit.  All money transfer will show up in PayPal by the time you have received that e-mail messages.  

Good job not falling for it! 😉

P.S.

Tell the scammers you have have reported their attempts to Interpol.  This should cease all future correspondence.  

Login to Me Too

wawadolly
Contributor
Contributor

so do i just ignore it? 

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, ignore him/her.  Anytime western union and PayPal are in the same paragraph you should always consider it a scam.

Take Care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.