OMG--AM I OUT $700.00---PLEASE HELP

adam85022
New Community Member

I SOLD A GOLD CHAIN---I TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF PAYPAL AND SHIPPED THE ITEM PRIORITY AND INSURED---

THE BUYER REFUSED TO ACCEPT ITEM, STATING THE PACKAGE WAS EMPTY AND RETURNED THE PACKAGE TO ME-- WHEN I GOT THE PACKAGE BACK IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT IT HAD BEEN CUT OPEN AND THE CHAIN REMOVED---

NOW I HAVE A $700.00 NEGATIVE PAYPAL BALANCE--HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS?  PLEASE ADVISE.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

hawaiianeye808
New Community Member

I am not sure how this is going to work out for you.  But typically when you ship something to a destination the recipient owns it as soon as you relinquish it to the shipping provider.  That means that they are responsible for the claim to recover the merchandise value.  The recipient is generally responsible for picking or agreeing to a shipper to move their goods.  You can be of good character and help provide all of the shipping information that is needed for them to file a claim.  The bottom line is that you have no obligation as the seller for a refund unless the recipient has found the item to be defective or not what they ordered.  The recipient would then return that item by shipper to you with the same type of insurance that you obtained. 

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.