My dispute against fraudulent seller was NOT reviewed by Paypal.

Hayduke
Contributor
Contributor
I was ripped off by a software seller who did not send me the unlock key I purchased from his website (in addition to getting a virus from the software). I filed a claim in the resolution center, then the seller claimed he was not responsible. I escalated to a dispute and IMMEDIATELY got an email saying my claim was closed. What the **bleep**? THIS IS FRAUD!! Do I now have to take Paypal to court to fix this? This is ridiculous. Paypal's claims of buyer protection are nothing but hot air. I will NOT be using this service again for purchases if this is how they handle disputes.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the item is not an eBay item, the buyer is not covered for "not as described" claims. PayPal has two programs to help protect buyers... the Buyer Protection Policy and the Buyer Complaint Policy.

The PayPal Buyer Protection Policy applies to eligible eBay transactions and covers INR (Item Not Received) and SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claims. When a buyer wins a Buyer Protection Claim, PayPal will reimburse the buyer up to the protection amount ($200.00 or $2,000.00 or uncapped) specified in the eBay listing regardless whether the funds are available in the seller's PayPal account.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy applies to non-eBay transactions and eBay transactions which don't qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection. The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy covers only INR claims... SNAD claims are not covered. When a buyer wins a Buyer Complaint Claim, PayPal will reimburse the buyer ONLY if the funds are available in the seller's PayPal account.

The policy specifics are at the following link...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/c%3Cwbr%3Egi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreem...

Login to Me Too

nohelp
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat. I bought boots for christmas gifts from a seller. On the paypal invoice they wrote northface winter jacket, what was delivered to me was a ripped up used kimono. When I filed a dispute for non delivery of goods paypal representives said because the seller provided a tracking number that I did get Something delivered. I may as well have gotten an empty box...but then again I suppose paypal would consider even the box as goods. To top it off, without any of my documentation they closed my dispute and say sorry there is nothing we can do?? You have got to be kidding me...I have never in my life received such horrible information from a company. So basically paypal endorses crooks to rip people off because all they care about it making money on the transactions. So now I'm out 812.00 and the punishment for the crook is to have his paypal account shut down...wow, guess the poor guy will just have to open a new account. I'm still waiting for a response for an appeal!!!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If you received anything from the seller, the proper dispute reason is SNAD (Significantly Not As Described)... the seller can easily win an INR (Item Not Received) claim by providing PayPal with proof of delivery.

Login to Me Too

nohelp
Contributor
Contributor

Thats odd, because I have called paypal and talked to a representative, told them the story, said the same story in my dispute, emailed paypal twice (with no return calls or emails) and not once was I advised about this. I did read over section 13 of the paypal agreementSo if no person will return my requests for an appeal as I have evidence that I would love to sent to paypal as to the goods I did receive, what is a person to do? I have the original packaging from seller and invoices with tracking number and believe me. If I did receive the items I was supposed to they certainly would not fit in the envelope I received. Possibly you can direct me as to what actions I am to take in order to talk to someone who will be willing to help me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.