Inquiry by PayPal-transaction on hold while paypal reviews it?

lissasonly
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had paypal say that they are investigating a recent purchase and so the payment will be put on hold while they review the transaction?  After sending payment for my purchase with my paypal funds, they put the payment on hold then notified the seller. The seller responded back to paypal, (which I have no Idea what was sent or what the reply was) and seller will not credit my account nor will I receive the item I paid for until paypal completes the investigation. However, the payment amount they put on hold is not credited back to my paypal account nor has it been sent to seller?  This has happened to me twice now...  Does anyone know why this is or what I can do about this??  Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Keikeikun
New Community Member

I'm having this same problem and would very much like an answer ASAP. Please answer us Paypal.

Login to Me Too

mkcolgan
New Community Member

Im having the SAME EXACT thing happening to me right now too, its taking **bleep**ing forever!!!!!!!!!!111

Login to Me Too

redlantern9
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem but in reverse - as a seller - I wish I knew what was going on.....I can't access my reply to paypal either.....I'm so frustrated with this site I could cry ...........ahhhhhhhh

Login to Me Too

Breezie
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has done this to me also. I received an email from the seller about this. How can I stop this? I have already verified my account( again) and verified my cc(again).

Login to Me Too

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did you call Paypal customer service?

Login to Me Too

lissasonly
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone who replied,  I was told that this happened because I had logged in with my cell phone and made the purchase....  hummm,  but isnt this why there are moble apps??  my account was verified and comfirmed for years and now I had to redo these steps again,  What a pain in the butt.  However if you happened to have used your moble applications to purchase or sell an Item, this may be why the account or transaction was put on hold.  Just make sure to comfirm your cell phone,  then link it to your account.  Oh,  thats if your cell phone carrier is on paypals list, which mine is not so I cant link it, so this may or may not continue to happen to me, so I was told.   I sure hope this helps you all out and thanks again for the replies!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.