unauthorized use and have to prove who i was

deltaii
New Community Member

email saying I purchased something for 483.91 invoice 07AABZXZVYS0577. called number on email and said yes had plus two other ones f[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and a loan of 5,000. I stated I did not make those then he stated I was hacked . I argued with him about having to go get 400.00 google play cards since that was last money I had. Gave them and then the supervisor came on and said I had to get 600.00 on eBay cards to finish proving who I was . I stated I can not and he stated I had to to finish it. I do not have that. What can I do to get my account fixed and money off of my account ? I changed password. already. please help.

went on line and could not find ant transaction or loans 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deltaii 

Its a SCAM.
It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number.

Paypal never tell you to buy gift cards for any account reasons.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.
If you think about it why would paypal ask you to buy google vouchers or itunes cards to answer your question or issue you a refund etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.