please help I've been scammed by site called hototin

ceastar
New Community Member

i was scammed- i ordered an incubator from hototin.  my son looked it up and said it was a fraudulent site.  i tried to dispute it and got no where with paypal.  they closed my case. i tried to open a new case and paypal wont let me- because i did not receive the item.  so is there anything i can do?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

disgusted2max
Contributor
Contributor

I'm no help, but just to let you know that I'm right there with you.   I ordered a remote control helicopter for 99.50.   Paid for it, and never got the item.   I opened a case through Paypal, and as soon as they notified "the seller", which was an individual name, she provided a tracking number.   The tracking number shows out for deliver, and my mail has already went.   I asked the mailman about it, and even showed him number, and he said there is nothing that is coming to my address by that number.   I believe this is a fake website, because all of my emails go unanswered, and the phone number they give is not a working number.    I turned them in to IC3.gov as a fake website, and I suggest you do the same.

Login to Me Too

R1pped0ff
New Community Member

Thanks to citizens here posting about rip offs from hotting, suspecting shift to Ausenook...

don't buy from them.  Fake phone number.  Fake address.

Login to Me Too

southernlink99
Contributor
Contributor

Some how this company has a way of showing proof of delivery when its never delivered. Even tho the item weight was 8.5 lbs and the item delivery proof label showed weight of 1.3 lbs i still lost the case. The tracking showed up after I filed a complaint with Pay Pal. I had read that this company has a way of getting around Pay Pal but it seems like multiple complaints would raise a red flag sooner or later. One thing that i would strongly suggest to anyone attempting to deal with this company is to take notice that there is no shipping charges or taxes. If You only see the sale price DO NOT hit the order button. Give the money to charity.

Login to Me Too

Patty1016
New Community Member
I had the same thing happen to me. I tried to dispute with PayPal but the seller gave them tracking number and proof of delivery but I ordered a telescope and received gloves. PayPal closed my case. PayPal needs to do better on investigating cases. What you need to do is dispute it with your bank they will automatically credit you and they will go after the funds. Next time before you buy check them out first on the net. If it seems too good to be true... it’s probably a scam Good luck
Login to Me Too

Vince221
Contributor
Contributor
Yes ordered a tool box from them for $99.50 I found a tracking number on pay pal, said it was delivered. So problem was the toolbox weighs in excess of 130 pounds and what ups claimed to deliver weighed 8 pounds. Eather way I never received anything!! I disputed it with pay pal, we see how that's gona work out? Any way I used my capital one credit card, so I'll be letting them know my situation. Capital one has been excellent at handling fraud in the past for me so I'll update the outcome of the hot in CROOKS!! PAY PAL SHOULD SHUT THEM DOWN!! THIS IS PRETY SLICK WAY THEY DOING BUSINESS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!
Login to Me Too

Carlaaa14
Contributor
Contributor
It’s seem the charge $99.50 for everything. Same thing happened,ordered a sewer cable same price said it was delivered and package was only .20 pound instead of over 50. What results has everyone gotten with PayPal or their bank? It seems they now are using a new name of Ausenook.
Login to Me Too

Vince221
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE ON HOTIN. paypal completed the investigation, hotin provided A ups tracking number as proof. End result, paypal is accepting hotin as NOT fraudulent. NO refund. Case closed! Thanks paypal for doing the minimum. And cudos to PayPal for protecting the CROOKS AT HOTIN. I HAVE A BAD OPINION OF PAYPAL. I WILL NOT DO ANY BUSINESS THROUGH THEM. SO CUDOS AGAIN TO PAYPAL FOR LOSING A CUSTOMER. Now I will report this to capital one, I'll update what the outcome is.
Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted UPS. The tracking number is not my name or address that the seller gave paypal. UPS told me to tell them to reopen the case. Be persistant. They is the 3rd time I got them to reopen.

Login to Me Too

Rodneydperkins
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered freon from <removed>. Email confirmation seemed suspicious so I tried to log in and I was not allowed. Went to the site and they appear to sell clothes........ Then I did a scam search and it came up with lots of complaints..........

When I filled out a complaint with Paypal it asked if I did a gift card yesterday which I did not. Changed password.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.