mishandling of fraud

numiniferous
New Community Member

PayPal has really "done" the pooch for my case.  Here is the sequence:

1. I noticed 3 fraudulent activities in early May 2020 - money sent without my knowledge or consent - 2 on PayPal credit, 1 on PayPal
  2. I report this to PayPal via their on-line dispute process and they promptly deny the claim
  3. I call PayPal , and the PayPal credit support answers
  4. PayPal credit support, because they work for a credit card company, are able to address the 2 fraudulent claim on PayPal credit
  5. PayPal credit support explains that because of corona virus support capability is limited but assures me that "everything is going to be alright"
  6. PayPal credit support strong recommends putting a stop payment from my personal bank
  7. I put a stop payment according to the recommendation for the PayPal transaction that went to Canada
  8. I write an email to PayPal explaining the situation
  9. They write back and say that the issue is resolved - text below
  10. The negative balance resulting from one of the three transaction (Canadian) is not resolved
  11. I have received "reminder of action needed" emails each week stating I need to resolve the negative balance - as of today it states that it's been 77 days

For a 238 billion dollar company this level of customer care is appalling.  Here's the issue: I don't know what the current status is because I am receiving contradictory messages, and I cannot get through to a person - the automated phone system cannot address my issue and there is no human customer support.  An unpaid balance is not something I take likely or keep in any other circumstance.  I'm writing here against my personal preference (I don't like to vent and this type of information does not go away on the web) because I don't have any other recourse.  Recommendations as to how to proceed will be appreciated.

------------message from PayPal -------------- the Canadian transaction was not refunded

We've determined the payment(s) in question were unauthorized and have refunded the full amount. 

Here are the transaction details:

Date: May 15, 2020
Transaction amount: $674.47 CAD

Transaction amount: $500.00 US

Transaction amount: $500.00 US

The money will be refunded to your PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.