getting money refunded after opening a case

hotwheels2222
Contributor
Contributor

gents. i bought something last night from some kid ($300) and he took a full 24 hours to respond to the fact that i paid him. no response to texts. no response to voicemails. i saw this afternoon about 20 hours in and saw he is "unverified" and got slightly freaked out and opened a case. now the kid is being a **bleep** and saying that he is not going to ship the item. 

how do we resolve this so i get my money back please?

he is saying i need to cancel the case or say it is resolved so he can send me the money. 

which sounds suspicious to me at this point.

can anyone help?

THANKS

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hotwheels2222 

You have up to 180 days to open a paypal dispute and you do so in 2 days without even waiting for a response from the seller?

When you say he was unverified then that just means he has not added a bank account to his paypal account yet to verify it.

Does not necessarily mean he is out to scam you.

However if he is saying he won't send the item as you opened a dispute then you have no option but to escalate the dispute to a claim (when you can) and then wait for a refund (as he won't have trackable proof of delivery).

NEVER close a dispute unless you have item or refund as you can't re-open it and you can't open a second one for the same transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.