eBay Granted and Refunded an INR Case then Paypal Closed Case without Refund

lgcbbf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie in this community. Hope that my case would helpful for others too.

I bought a Gopro Hero 7 Black from a zero rating seller on eBay for $354.55 before Christmas last year, the seller sent it with a tracking number that shows "delivered". I was home at the time of delivery and I was sure there was no postie showed up. So I made an inquiry immediately with Aus Post and they reply an email telling me that the item with the tracking number was not addressed to me. I also contacted the seller to asking if he/she sent to the exact address provided by eBay, but there was no confirmation either. Since I was not intended addressee, Aus Post could not provide more information regarding the parcel. And the seller did not contact Aus Post to gain further information. 

I opened an case on eBay which was initially rejected on the base of tracking info. Then I appealed with the email sent by Aus Post and opened case on Paypal at the same time. The eBay appeal was successful and I was granted a refund. Then I thought the case of the same disputed item on Paypal would automatically closed becasue of the refund issued by eBay. However not, Paypal closed my case in seller's favour based on the tracking number that was not addressed to me. Paypal totally ignored the screenshots of my original inquiry to Aus Post and their email reply, because they believe screenshots and emails could be altered.

So what I don't understand is that if eBay refund go through Paypal? I called eBay and was told they did release the fund and Paypal was holding it. Also I feel very vulnerable as a buyer as there're opportunists who take advantage of the tracking number only policy (which I read a lot about on the forum) to make free money. Buyers has to deal with the stress and spend a lot of time gathering information and proof if they are unlucky to purchased from a dishonest seller.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lgcbbf 

Sadly its against paypal rules to open both an Ebay AND a paypal dispute.

So as you had one ongoing on Ebay they closed the paypal one.

You should have opened EITHER an Ebay one OR a paypal one then you would probably have had your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.