automartmarine.com

joelevmas
Contributor
Contributor

I am thinking about purchasing from this website automartmarine.com and the prices are very good but I am worried. Has any one ever purchased from them? And if I pay with paypal will paypal protect me if it is a scam?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TomSawer
New Community Member

From trustpilot dot com:

A fool and his money scam rev.1
Ordered a boat motor in January 2020. Paypal glitch, and after a lot of email exchanges ended up wiring money (like they say not to do) to a person who only gave his name as Erfiansyah - no last name. Received a tracking number for City Trans Cargo from Automartmarine. "Watched" the shipping progress from Jakarta for two weeks and then got an email stating there had been a mistake. They said an employee loaded 5 motors instead of one. Because the manifest didn't match they couldn't unload in the USA. I checked the City Trans Cargo tracking document and it did say five motors were loaded. Automartmarine "offered" a deal for me pay half for the additional 4 motors. I didn't want more than one, but they kept hounding me to pay, so the paperwork would match and my motor could be unloaded in the States. (They said they fired their employee that made the original loading mistake.) I finally relented (as a fool) and wired the additional money thinking that I might sell the "extra" motors to break even.
City Trans Cargo tracking showed the arrival in New York. But, noted they needed updated paperwork for customs from Automartmarine and asked me to contact them. I did, and Automartmarine did. The tracking stopped March 6, 2020. I have emailed and tried calling both "companies" without getting replies. They bilked me for the cost of three motors, and left me embarrassed with my poor judgement.
Learn from my experience and RUN AWAY from these guys.

Follow-up: I just got an email from Trustpilot today stating that Automartmarine pulled my review on the grounds of "defamation". I am not sure how my honest and accurate review would not portray them in anythi g other than a negative light. I have documentation in the form of email chains, invoice, two wire transfer bank receipts, and a bill of lading from City Trans Cargo, all supporting my review and timeline. My review is based on facts. Those facts paint a picture of either a scam, or a questionable business. And no, I haven't seen my money or the boat motors as of 7/20/2020.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.