Wrong Item sent

pursleypursley
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased an Android phone ( Umidigi F2 ) via Paypal several days ago, however the phone that was sent to me is NOT the one I mentioned. It is an "M9"? Totally different Phone was sent to me. I need to send it back to the seller, in China I presume, and get a refund of $139.90. Please advise as to what I need to do. Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pursleypursley 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pursleypursley
Contributor
Contributor
Great advice! Thanks much!
Login to Me Too

LFB
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what they did to me and many others. PayPal knows of this issue being pervasive and is choosing to weasel out of any liability. I have been scammed by an unscrupulous company in China with an assist by PayPal. Even though I trusted the security of PayPal and used my American Express card, PayPal has denied my claim for a refund. China sent me a knock off, not what I ordered and paid for. PayPal made me send the junk back knowing it would be impossible to track in China beyond Beijing for less than $100. Now they are saying they can't verify the seller received what I never ordered or wanted, a total scam by China and PayPal. I had hoped for a chargeback on my American Express since I now have nothing to show for my money spent, sad way to do business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.