Why is Paypal permitting Hawalili to scam for well over a year?

Disgruntled12
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased $140 of shirts from Hawalili and received items that were about 4 sizes too small.  I wanted to return them and they agreed if I pay shipping.  The post office weighed the package and told me over $70 to ship to China.

Hawalili offered to let me keep the shirts and provide 25% refund.  I said yes.  They asked again via email..I said yes.  Time went on and nothing happened.  I filed a claim with Paypal.  Paypal basically just provided the conduit for them to ask me 2 more times if I want a 25% refund with an expiration date to respond and both times I said yes.  Nothing happened.

Then I escalated the case and Paypal contacted them and now I am being offered a full refund if I ship back to them.  Full circle.  Only this time I can't respond to the seller or Paypal.  Their system has no provisions for further discussion.  I only have a box to enter my tracking number or let it expire.  Case closed.

From what I am reading on here this company has been a long standing problem people not getting product and/or refunds even after going through Paypal arbitration well over a year time after time and yet Paypal is taking no responsibility.  So..why would I pay over $70 to ship the shirts back knowing good and well I likely still won't get my refund and then they will have the shirts to sell to some other unlucky person foolish enough to fall for their flashy internet ads.

Where is Paypal in all this?  Are they in collusion?  Why are they knowingly aiding and abetting a well established scam artist.  If Paypal had done their job I would have been warned off from buying from Hawalili.  I guess Paypal doesn't consider that part of their job.  They just process payments and take their cut.  They don't care.

So now it will expire.  Paypal can say they did their job and Hawalili will go on scamming other people and Paypal could care less.

I know I won't use Paypal to buy anything again because they aren't the service I thought they were.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

generalartstore
Contributor
Contributor

It certainly is a scam.  But Paypal made it right.  Here is how they work. Order $79 and get free shipping. One or two items come quick and are correct. However, shirts are paper thin and poor quality. The rest come separately weeks later and are too small and mislabeled. You MUST send them back to China for a refund. Or you can get their fantastic deal of 15% of your money back. Gripe a little and it will go to 25% and you can keep your kids sized cloths. Don't give up! If you payed by Paypal file a dispute and clearly state your case about their scam. Paypal now has a program were you can get up to $30 shipping back if you are disastisfied with your purchase. Enroll in it PRIOR to filing your dispute. They would rather close your case in your favor than pay the $30 towards return shipping to China. Their paypal account is called Newfashion registered to Pan Huiling. If you have been taken by their scam and are now reading this review... do NOT give up and take their settlement... file a dispute with Paypal and stick with it until you win your case. Offer to send it back to China if Paypal pays the $30. Do not do the dispute online.  Call Paypal and talk to a real person!  In the end, I won and threw their garbage into the trash. Don't be fooled by all the positive reviews. I am sure a lot are mostly fake! I wish I could give them zero stars.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.