What do you do when the buyer protection system fails you.

KootenayKid
Contributor
Contributor

some time ago I ordered clothes and shoes off an ad that was on facebook the order was split into two parts because they had a stock problem the first part arrived the shoes were fine the pants had a huge 4 to 5 inch hole in the crotch and seems falling apart Im sure they were a return sent by error  I made Scollor aware then the second half of my order arrives 2 pairs of pants 2 sizes too big larger than I ordered and they failed to ship the most expensive item the tactical jacket. 

after many many emails with the seller and getting no where I tried to go through paypal and its been hell,  Im being forced to send back all the merchandise which I have no issue with the only thing I could use was the shoes.  the rub is in order to send the items back its going to cost me well more than the entire order its a minimum of $180 to ship it back to china,  where as to get it to me (I checked) was under $5 per order 

I told Paypal this and they said they had basically rethink what I needed to do they then came back and knowing that it will cost me $180 to $450 to ship one medium box back to china, that in order to get my $127 USD refund  I did have to send the merchandise back,  and on top of that I still never received my jacket so it does not matter what I do I loose.   they shipped me damaged and wrong items they do not ship the expensive item and because f this I loose everything.

how does this count as a protection plan at all I did nothing wrong I paid right away I paid extra for fast shipping  They sent the wrong stuff ripped me off for a jacket and sent totally wearable items ( I have pictures unboxing they arrived ripped )  and because of their mistakes I have to return the items at MY EXPENSE. 

whats more the whole time Im dealing with paypal and before in the ead up t the filing of a dispute the sellers were offering me discounts 15% 10% etc  which dosent help me I get nothing they get all my cash and give me 10% back?    they did say it was too much for them to ship back so give the pants away and they would give me 35% off my next order.  the entire deal was crazy trying ot get them to understand a small discount does not help me when I got nothing I can use.   
But anyway now I sit with the option keep the stuff and accept I paid or a jacket I never received   or pay double what I paid to ship it back and get my original payment back,  its a complete no win situation for me  
and whats even worse about this on top of paypal not having y back is that the company Scollor dot c0m  had horrible reviews popping up everywhere they have done this and worse to hundreds others are going to pay[pal too I'm now reading, so its not like Im the only guy having an issue with them. 

I wish there was a way to talk to management in papal I get a different rep each time and I get conflicting messages repeatedly one rep contradicts the one before ad its frustrating as heck  Ive filed a report with the RCMP Ive documented everything I have photos and copies of the sellers messages screen shots of the cost to shp the items back and how much it cost to send it too me  but each new rep seems to ignore that and Im really feeling bent over  if there was EVER a case for a refund this one seems like a slam dunk I did warranty returns for a very large international business for over ten years and if I came across this Id be refunding the client and seriously looking into the business who was pulling this poop.  

its really turned me off buying online  through ads and ebay Im going to stick with amazon this would have been over 3 days after it started if it was amazon 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KootenayKid 

Facebook does not vet sellers and is normally cheap Chinese tat.

Also Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this under the small section on buyer protection that its best to read before using paypal to purchase goods. >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KootenayKid
Contributor
Contributor
No sadly I cannot go through the credit card company be PayPals process takes so long to get to this point the time period to file has past there's nothing I can do but accept I'm out $200 and quit before spending another $200 as PayPal wants me too. It makes sence actually because the seller pays PayPal not the buyer so that's who's protected The items I bought were not what was advertised not what I got and some items I never even received hundreds have reported this company I'm done with PayPal etc any other major online business would have fixed this hands down everything about it is wrong the seller must not be being truthful anyway I've reported it to the RCMP and that's all I can do. Other than share my story to hopefully help others avoid this frustration
Login to Me Too

KootenayKid
Contributor
Contributor
Ps I was ordering off ebay a fair amount 25 to 50 small to med orders a month this was my first claim ever so it's not like I'm trying to pull a fast one I've been genuinely ripped off and it's a hard pill to swallow when it's so blatantly wrong. Forget everything else the seller did not ship one item I purchased the most expensive item that alone should be covered but no I have to pay more to give him his stuff back but he gets to keep my money and the item I purchased. How is that remotely acceptable
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.