Unauthorized use

TxHolmes
Contributor
Contributor

So several years ago I had someone hack my paypal account, lost over a thousand dollars, and Paypal was tremendously unhelpful - supposedly I had paid facebook marketing for advertising of a counterfeit watch website.... both facebook and paypal were unresponsive so I disputed with my bank who eventually got the money back.

I decided to try again with paypal and last month opened a new account, linking only to a credit card... not my bank account. I woke up yesterday morning to a charge for an ebay purchase through paypal that I didn’t make - I went to the claim center and created a claim, then contacted the seller on ebay as I did not have a transaction in my ebay account - the ebay user stated that he would not ship the item, and tried to credit the paypal transaction, which could not be done due to the dispute I had created (per Paypal website instructions)

I then contacted ebay support via phone and they confirmed the user that had made the transaction would be placed under investigation. Today I have a “case closed” notification that after a “thorough investigation” PayPal will not be reversing the charge, as the transaction was “not unauthorized”. I am beyond frustrated... I have sent a claim appeal, and have screenshots with the ebay user stating he will not be shipping the item and acknowledging the fraud. And yet paypal has ZERO customer support. Are they truly this unhelpful, or is this a random occurrence?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.