Unable to escalate

spudette64
Contributor
Contributor

Was informed by the seller that the item (which was showing in stock at the time of the order) was out of stock and would have to wait until the end of June for it to be despatched.  I'd placed the order at the beginning of April.  The seller did say I could get a refund if I didnt want to wait that long, which I asked for.  No refund was forthcoming.

I put in a dispute via Paypal on 30th April but have heard nothing from the seller.

I want to escalate this to a claim but there is no facility or option for me to escalate.  I have used the app and Chrome and Explorer and there is nothing.

I have however noticed there is a timeline on the dispute which says Paypal have contacted the seller and hope to have the issue resolved by 1st June.  This is obviously longer than the 20 days I would have to escalate the claim.

I am concerned the 20 day period is up on 20th May and I could potentially lose my money.

Due to the Covid-19 situation Paypal are not taking phone calls.  I have emailed them for advice but not yet had a reply.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gaia2686
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?
Login to Me Too

spudette64
Contributor
Contributor

Had to change the reason of the claim from "Not Received" to "Request a refund".  I was then contacted by the seller the next day confirming a refund had been made.  The status of the claim then showed the claim had been considered by Paypal in my favour.  Hopefully this helps you.  Good luck 🙂  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.