Transfer fee for payment I never received !

JMurphy3
New Community Member
I was selling my wedding dress through Still White and had a potential buyer , Still White recommends you always agree an offer over their website in a private message and once you confirm the offer it automatically sets up a payment for the buyer to pay the seller through PayPal so that neither parties are scammed. The buyer of my dress transferred me the agreed amount of monies however they did not have a matching address on the still white account as the PayPal address meaning my cover would be invalid if it was a scam , due to this reason I did not want to take on the risk and asked the buyer if it was possible for her to change her address to match. She said she had to change and create a new PayPal account to do this and if I could cancel payment on my end so money’s wouldn’t transfer through , as the payment was showing as “pending” on my app and your even advised not to select refund when no money is showing as cleared into the account as this is another fraud prevention I advised the buyer to call PayPal to sort out the refund after a lengthy few weeks they finally did only to charge me £57!!! £12 dispute fee and £45 transfer fee. This is not fair ! I don’t understand why I would be penalised for something the buyer made a mistake with ? Apparently there is nothing PayPal can do except refund me for the £12 dispute fee , surely they could charge £45 to the person requesting the refund instead due to their own error ? I have been on the phone for over an hour with PayPal and have now so far waited a further 20 minutes on hold to speak to a manager ! Awful service .
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.