Tracking History Scam

Jacktar
Contributor
Contributor
I have been swindled on two occasions in two months (30th May and 6th July) and PayPal is supporting these bogus suppliers, instead of withdrawing their services. 
I am surprised that PayPal is not aware of this scam: I pay for a product costing, let's say $30. The supplier sends me a product (which could be associated with my order, or not) worth, say $1-$2. I receive the cheaper product but do not associate it with my original order (why should I, there is nothing apparent to link the delivery to them). I continue to wait for the product that I purchased. They now have a complete tracking history to present to PayPal when I eventually enquire as to the whereabouts of my order.
These unscrupulous suppliers would not succeed in swindling as many customers if PayPal was to withdraw its services, thereby depriving them of the trust that the PayPal logo provides. So, as I see it, PayPal is instrumental in aiding them in their nefarious activities.
In the future, I will keep a photographic record of any nondescript items that I receive, particularly if they are of low value with a tracking number. It has cost me $50-$60 the learn this lesson, but how many people would think of doing that?
Unless PayPal decides to act, these scam suppliers will deceive/defraud customers for years to come and the reputation of PayPal will be eroded.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.