Should PayPal be allowed to work with merchants who are illegally shorting their customers?

Bloondie
Contributor
Contributor

I have 4 items in the resolution center against a merchant who I recently just realized were shorting their customers on every purchase. They sell 4 ounces of glitter, but only send three ounces. It may not sound like much, but within those 4 transactions I was shorted 33 ounces of glitter. They have been "Resolved", stating I will get a full refund if I send back the glitter, in the same condition as received. Herein is my problem I USED IT. I did not know they were shorting me until I ordered from someone else, and saw the size difference. Then I weighed the one jar I had left. I even sent the photos on the last two disputes to show just how badly they were ripping me off. But now I don't get my money back until I send it back. That is impossible. It is embedded in epoxy in a table. They owe me 33 ounces of glitter or my money back. I can't send it to them.
I believe they should be disallowed from even using Paypal, knowing that they are running a fradulent business. They knowingly are selling 3 ounces of glitter and advertising that they are selling 4 ounces. It even says it on their jar. 4 ounces. When in fact it is only 3 ounces. And I did not know until recently that they were doing that. Weighing glitter is not something done easily and ordinarily. We all have grown accustomed to trust the weight on packages. They are cheating people and they know it. It is not right that I, the trusting and innocent consumer, has to be denied justice and they are let off the hook, when it is them that are cheating EVERYONE! All their jars say 4 ounces. But it is only 3 ounces of glitter, not 4. That is illegal.

Paypal says I can send back the glitter for a full refund. I can not send it back as it is encapsulated in a table with epoxy. I did not know I was being ripped off until after the fourth order, when I purchased glitter from another company, also using Paypal. When I saw the difference in the two jars, both of which says 4 ounces, is when I realized I have been shorted on every jar I bought. Every jar is missing an ounce of glitter. That is 1/4 of every jar that they sell to every person. Everyone is getting shorted and they don't know it. Glitter is very hard to weigh. It is messy. And one assumes that is it says 4 ounces on the jar that it would be 4 ounces.  I don't need my money back. I need them to send me what they shorted me. 33 ounces of glitter is missing from those 4 orders. I can't send it back because it is used. I just want what is legally owed to me.  Dry measurements are ALWAYS done by weight. Liquid is measured by volume. That is a rule that has been around always.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.