Scammers using PayPal INAD claims and USPS tracking to their advantage

kattattak1
Contributor
Contributor

On October 20, 2018, I initiated a Buy it Now listing on eBay for an Intel CPU The listing may be found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173599359684?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649. The buyer is no longer a registered user on eBay.

I stupidly sold the item to a buyer with zero feedback, so I have myself to blame for that. After purchasing my item on October 21, 2018, the buyer (qbws_us_2iimstaxd) paid for it in the amount of $379.79 using Paypal. I sent the item on 10/21/18, and it was delivered to San Diego to the buyer's PayPal address, a PO box service.

On October 30, 2018, within a week of the item being delivered to the buyer, an Item Not as Described claim was filed against me.

I immediately did some research on Google, and found that the buyer and/or their suspected associates pulled nearly identical ploys against other eBay sellers. One detailed account can be found here:

During the course of the dispute, the buyer was asked to return the item to me in order to receive a refund. A tracking number was provided by the buyer, per PayPal request. The main USPS office in my town advised that the tracking number showed a delivery on November 6, 2018, to a location in my zip code, a few miles away from my residence.

In blatant disregard of the email sent to me by the USPS stating that the buyer had not shipped the package directly to me, PayPal refunded the buyer.

As PayPal explained it, since the USPS tracking doesn't show the address of the recipient, they side with the buyer. This happens despite the fact that the USPS provided a letter on letterhead stating that the package was not addressed to me.

This is outright thievery by PayPal and the buyer, and it must be stopped. I have since filed reports with my local police department, the US Postal Inspectors, and the IC3 site.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.