Scam: Amelia Quilts aka ECrafta aka Printabel

LADIBLUEMOON
Contributor
Contributor
Amelia Quilt purchase

I purchased a king and 2 twin quilts, totaling over $150 and I emailed them several times asking the status as I purchased these in early November 2018 as Christmas presents. I received conflicting responses and on 12/24 contacted paypal saying I never received the items. Then they gave ma and also gave paypal a tracking #... and lo and behold this item was delivered to my mailbox today (DHL and originated in CHINA-the company claimed to be in Oregon USA). This is a total ripoff scam!! The ONE and only item delivered was a 2 foot by 3 foot joke of a very poor quality "quilt". It is too small for my dog bed... I have been a paypal member since its inception and I fully expect my money back from Paypal. This was not the item ordered, it was not the item as described and it was no where near the king, and 2 twin quilts I paid for. If paypal doesn't protect us from this, I will be shocked. I will also make sure I take any and all avenues available to me to ensure I get my money back. Right now my issue is still "in dispute" and I am awaiting a call back from paypal as the hold time was close to an hour. I have all the documentation, screen shots, pictures etc. This is a classic scam that I unfortunately (as did many) fell victim to. Isnt this what buyer protection is supposed to protect us from??

UPDATE Paypal called back and said not to worry, that they changed it to an "Item not received as described" issue and that they would change it and send me an email where I could upload pictures and any info. They said I would get an email from Paypal.

UPDATE I did not get this email, so I went back to paypal online and changed the claim type myself and uploaded photos, plus the BBB and other known scam info to Paypal. I certainly hope that the buyer protection applies here... the agent told me it surely does and not to worry... but after reading other community responses here in this forum, I am somewhat concerned. I will update so that the community knows if Paypal stands behind us and truly protects is  and will let you all know the outcome. The man on the phone said the seller will have only 3 days to provide proof that they sent what I ordered, which will not be possible, as they certainly did not do so. My main concern is that I never did get the email the man on the phone from Paypal said I would get, and he did not change the claim as he said he would- I did that myself. Why this company is allowed to remain a member of Paypal is another concern...

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

bluechiwawamom
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve heard this from many people. Some even said the ink was blurry. It’s a shame because they could actually manufacture and ship quilts like they show in the photos and still make money. I can’t believe I fell for it. I always check Google for reviews before ordering things. I reported the ad to Facebook, for what it’s worth.
Login to Me Too

TLC13
Contributor
Contributor
Jas anyone complained to Facebook? Maybe they will block them
Login to Me Too

Trustpoint1
New Community Member
I was scammed as well by this company. I ordered a quilt that never came and just kept getting the same standard email that they are backed up and that they will notify when shipped. I called to dispute my card but called a few days outside of the 60 day window so I am sure it’s jusr going to be a lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

haiku1
New Community Member

Urge anyone who hasn't purchased yet not to do so. You may not receive the product, first of all (see other complaints here) and if you do, you should know that quality is poor (not a quilt, not even a blanket, but two thin pieces of material) and that the size of the "quilt" is insufficient, a "queen sized quilt" is insufficiently widee even for a full sized bed. Here is the name and information about the company, which I got from my PayPal complaint: Unit 1411, 14/Floor, Cosco Tower 183 Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong KongSHEUNG WANHONG KONG ISLANDHong Kong SAR China. I am supposed to send the tiny, thin "quilt" back to them for a refund once they receive it. Guess what? I don't think Paypal's allowed return funds will cover the full cost of the return. I received notice from Paypal that I had "won" my case with the proviso that in two days I submit a tracking number with the return. However, to access the "free" return feature I'm supposed to allow Paypal to give a company in Bulgaria my consumer information, and to receive the refund I am supposed to wait for an obviously crooked company (see the other complaints on this page) acknowledges the return. To say I don't trust the other party in this transaction is an understatement. I am going to compain to Facebook (how can they allow a company to post a US address when it is in fact based in China) and to my credit card. Paypal has failed. I won't rely on it again to protect my rights. They should insist that a company against whom they find bad practices send a return receipt to the buyer directly when Paypal finds for the buyer in a dispute; they should credit the disputed sum immediately. I shouldn't have to advance a company like this money to send back a product that was part of a fraud.

Login to Me Too

HNY1

I had the same problem.  I finally received a screen printed quilt that was horrible.  I filed a claim that I had not received it and when I did finally get something, it was not what I ordered.  I was told I could get a refund from the seller if I shipped the product back--to Vietnam.   When I took the box to UPS, it was going to be over $100.00 for me to ship it back.  Needless to say, I did not ship.  PayPal would not give me a refund and I had to go through my credit card company.  Even then, I had to fight that with them since I had received something.  My credit card company did give me a credit as a courtesy since I had never filled a claim.  Never again will I even think of ordering anything like this.

Login to Me Too

Kathy5555
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a quilt from ecrafta,Amelia quilts back in December. I never received it. I filed a dispute with PayPal. PayPal says ecrafta sent it therefore it's "resolved". I contacted DHL regarding the tracting number - DHL says the merchant did not send the item. PayPal should uphold their agreement and get my money refunded. I'm sure they have more than just a few people that were ripped off by this scam. I am disappointed that there is not justice in either company. I won't use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, the same exact thing happened to me! What I have learned from this is that I will never use paypal to pay for any item ever again..Clearly paypal isn't on the side of their customers. I also had a DHL number, which was useless,, I snet papa to the site which  lists lots of complaints against Ecrafta's!  so many ! They  ( ie, paypal) just doesn't care.  SC

Login to Me Too

LJBAL4
Contributor
Contributor

Same here they sent me a tracking # on Jan 16th and it has since been in Shanghai China since the 23rd of Jan . 

i notified PAYPAL and that has been under review for a month . I am reporting both the quilt company and PAYPAL

to the BBB i am out 135.00 so much for PAYPAL covering the customer . I am holding out for a couple more weeks hoping for my refund 

then i am done with PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

SO glad you will be reporting Paypal to BBB! theyre; in Asia, dont get me started abou them! Paypal sent my pat=yemnt to my credit card also lsted on paypal, so it looks liek they got paid twice! my $64.95 times two! im protesting thru my credit card! this is rridiculous, Payapl doesn't give a damn about the customer!  I will never use them to pay for anything ! ever again!  I irdered the quilt NOv 5th, they took my $$ Paypal Nov 10th ir so, then some b.s. in Jan about a tracking label, now it's March 25th, nada.. of course.. there is no quilt. We know. glad youre goign to file,Ithink I will too! 

Login to Me Too

Serena3
Contributor
Contributor

SO glad you will be reporting Paypal to BBB!   Paypal sent my payment to my credit card also lsted on paypal, so it looks liek they got paid twice! my $64.95 times two! im protesting thru my credit card! this is rridiculous, Payapl doesn't give a damn about the customer!  I will never use them to pay for anything ! ever again!  I irdered the quilt NOv 5th, they took my $$ Paypal Nov 10th ir so, then some b.s. in Jan about a tracking label, now it's March 25th, nada.. of course.. there is no quilt. We know. glad youre goign to file,Ithink I will too! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.