SELLER SCAM. PAYPAL, NO PROTECTION FOR THE INNOCENT SELLER.

KelvinOkoro
Contributor
Contributor

I listed a new iPad Pro for sale on eBay for £740. On the 21st of June 2018 at about 4:32am I got a message from PayPal saying You've received a payment. Dispatch now! You've received a payment of £743.45 GBP from William <removed>. So, I went straight to my PayPal account to check if The payment has actually been made to my account. I saw the money in the account but cannot withdraw until transaction is complete. Then I got a message in my eBay inbox from The buyer saying “ Hi! I'm sorry, I bought the goods as a gift for my daughter, but forgot to change the delivery address. Can you send it to my daughter? I wrote the address next in this message. And one more request. ‘Cos it's a gift, please don’t send an invoice, thank you! There is right address, sorry for my mistake: Dora <removed><removed>. Believing this to be a genuine buyer, and for the fact the money was already in my PayPal account, I never suspected any fraud, I sent the iPad Pro to the address sent by the buyer on same Thursday 21 June 2018 at about 11am through tracked Royal Mail post and the buyers daughter received and signed for the goods on Friday 22nd June. Honestly and patiently waiting to get the money released in my PayPal so I can withdraw to my bank account, I rather got a shocking message from PayPal on Saturday 23rd June saying Dear Kelvin E. O You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorised by the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are investigating. Details of the transactions where stated and I was asked to go the PayPal resolution center and provide some details. I attached the Royal Mail Reciept I used in sending the iPad including the tracking number. I also had a picture of the parcel taken before posting which I also included in the files sent to PayPal. After sending the files I called PayPal customer care, and was told since I sent the iPad to an address different from the buyers address, I am not protected by the seller protection. So, what this means is that I have been scammed, iPad lost, and money lost. I am devastated and have been crying as I need this money so badly and I am in a terrible situation at the moment financially. To make things worse the iPad belongs to an uncle that is in desperate need of money and wanted me to help sell it on eBay. Now, I am confused, I don’t know how to tell him what has happened and I don’t know how I am going to pay this money back as I am in a financial mess myself. I was crying on the phone to the PayPal customer care representative. Please PayPal, if there is anything you can do for me to get back this money, please do, you would have saved a soul by doing this. I need help right now, and I am hoping all or someone reading this can all join me in begging PayPal to release me the money. I know I made a massive mistake by sending to another address provided by the buyer, I never knew the buyer was a scammer.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.