Received piece of junk as my "item" .

OB1knobie
New Community Member

Paypal resolution center says seller provided proof of delivery. Sure ... of a $4 piece of junk ... I paid $48.

Tried to contact seller via email and web but absolutely no response.

What is going on? How can paypal automatically take the side of the seller when the customer can't even contact the seller.

The resolution center comments has the seller email listed for additional information.

That email address comes back immediately as undeliverable.

I'm thinking the resolution people could at least have verified the seller resolution email address before denying the claim.

So what to do now? No place to complain. Is facebook and twitter the place get "resolution"?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
Escalate to a claim... document: original ad; original PayPal invoice; (Screen shots & pictures of everything) .. contact “Help” at PayPal; keep conversation going.. send Screenshots and pictures.. ; open a claim with FTC and IC3 (FBI cyber crimes unit) ( copy these complaint forms and send to PayPal thru C.S. Chat- ; if company is in China and says they will refund you if you return item.: again stress it is significantly different than item purchased (PP invoice- and SS of original ad)..; there is a clause that return is not necessary for this kind of “bait & switch “scam. PayPal will push you to return item stating that it’s law that a person should not have item and the money (saying it isn’t fair to the vendor /scammer); at this point tell them it’s not fair if seller has both your money and the item that PayPal Gabe them from you. And ( in these cases usually the entity who they give your money to , is neither the advertiser, nor the shipper of the fake item. Shipping costs to China are from $20. To well over $100.00, and the recipient of your money will say they did not receive item, even if you pay extra for tracking. ( and the $30.00 offered by PayPal will not be paid, because the scammers never report it as received, or else will say it’s damaged.. either option will negate your refund $/or “return on US- $30.00... Good luck! Stay vigilant, and follow thru! Don’t let them close out your claim.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.