[REFUND DISPUTE] USD 2290.00 - Seller Never Communicated The Payment Is a Deposit

FilShock
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys

I tried to find something similar in the archives but wasn't able to do so. So let me explain the situation briefly:

Wife & I booked a villa in Bali for an overnight stay & destination wedding back in February for this summer. The seller never communicated that the payment, USD 2290.0, will be a down payment / deposit. Neither in email, nor is it stated in the invoice. The T&C state that down payments are non refundable,  but given that we were not made aware that this is to be a down payment and the invoice doesn't state that its one, i don't see that we entered said non refundable contract. To further clarify, both email communication and invoice never referred to the T&C as well in regards to the payment.

Obviously, now everything is cancelled and we were asking for a refund. The seller falls back on that T&C clause, whereas I disagree and am trying to convince him of the situation here. Im trying to work this out with him and we were discussing of postponement, but with the situation in the US its very unlikely anything can happen anytime soon. So i opened up a case in paypal, but have not escalated yet.

My question is, shall I escalate and what are the chances?

Thanks

Fil

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

FilShock
Contributor
Contributor

Any help is much appreciated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.