Persol Sunglasses Scam

runflat
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased six pairs of sunglasses listed by a seller with Persol branded logos all over the sales material and photos of actual Persol sunglasses in various styles. What I received was six pairs of worthless junk by an unknown Chinese brand.  PayPal won't help because the seller simply sent proof "something" was shipped to me.  I have since contacted my credit card company for help because PayPal could care less it appears. PayPal needs to get behind its users with some form of support.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

drhenrywu

We must have responded to the same advertisement made to appear as if it were Persol. I tried to immediately cancel the transaction as the merchant was Dahai Clothing company but Paypal referred me back to the vendor. Of course the vendor did not respond. A few weeks later, I received fake sunglasses branded as Costa, not Persol. I wonder why they even bothered to send me anything. I emailed them and they are refusing to send me the correct sunglasses and want me to keep the wrong pair instead for a 3% discount. 

I called Paypal on the phone and now have the case re-opened. The person I spoke to seemed familiar with the scam. 

Login to Me Too

jfranklin10
New Community Member

I've had the same issue. I ordered three pairs of Persol sunglasses, and I have a receipt that's branded with Persol's logos and contact info. Instead, I received three pairs of Costa sunglasses from "Xinyu Huaan Business Store". The seller told me "there was an error in shipping" but has made no effort to correct said error. The seller offered me a 25% refund up front, then 30% after I filed a dispute with PayPal. They are now offering me a 100% refund but only if I return the items to China - unfortunately the shipping cost is over 2x what I paid in the first place. I've searched far and wide for this Xinyu Huaan Business Store and found nothing. Even Google gives me the response, "It looks like there aren't any great matches for your search." This is clearly a scam. Hope PayPal can step up and help here. I'm currently waiting to hear back from PayPal. Will let everyone know what happens. 

Login to Me Too

runflat
Contributor
Contributor
Same story precisely. Same company. Same bait and switch. Same lame excuses. PayPal didn’t help. I contacted my credit card company linked to my PayPal account and I think they yanked the money out of the Chinese criminals bank account. So far I have a credit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.