Paypal has closed my case without a fair solution. What should i do next? Please help!

skioding
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so please let me know if there's anything wrong about the format. 

I recently purchased an etching press on Mar.27th from inventionentomology  for making some work before the deadline of an intaglio exhibition. I received the notification about the package which says the package was delivered to my mailbox on Mar.23rd. I had bad feeling about it because a such heavy and large equipment shouldn't be able to fit in the mailbox. Yes - the item they sent was different, it was some eye - covers. I reported this to Paypal (Case ID: PP-D-59347906) and asked for a full refund but but paypal closed the case without any refund even I argued with the seller and he finally agreed with the full refund. What should I do now? I though paypal's protection program is reliable. Are you supporting the scammer or what? Please help!!

I'm attaching some screenshots as evidence. Please let me know if there's more I can provide. Thanks.

- This is the invoice I received after the transaction. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 1.11.18 PM2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I asked them for the status update and tracking code.

*The sequence is reversed due to mac's mail program.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 1.11.28 PM.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-This is what I received. Please noticed the tracking code on the package which shows it's the item they sent.

WechatIMG975 (1).jpg

- I contacted the seller and argued with him. 

*The sequence is reversed due to mac's mail program.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.11.28 PM.png

- I showed him the picture. ( The package picture I attached above)

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.00.20 PM.png

-continues

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.00.55 PM.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-continues

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.01.07 PM.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- this is their final respond.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.02.39 PM.png

I did not received any refund. And Paypal closed my case. Please help!! my case id was: PP-D-59347906

Best wishes,

Ding

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @skioding 

Thank you for reaching us and I appreciate the details you provided me. To give you a fair share, you could appeal the case along with the information to support the claim. Please check this article for reference:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s- decision-on-my-case-faq2050?app=searchAutoComplete

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

skioding
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the help! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.