Paypal Digital Gifts not accessible

iahaleem
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Paypal Digital Gifts card for use with Southwest Airlines back in Feb 2016 with the idea that I would use it at a future date.  I finally had an upcoming flight I wanted to use it for, and when I went back to the original order e-mail, clicking the "View My Code" takes me to a page that reads "Sorry! This is not a valid claim link."  Trying to call Digital Gifts support leads to an unanswered hold line (I waited over 30 minutes), and trying to contact Paypal directly has also not helped (they transferred me to another unanswered hold line).

Can anyone suggest what I might do from here?  

EDIT: Called Paypal again and got through to the correct person who re-issued me these e-mails.  Looks like they are working now.  If anyone else has the same problem with this, call Paypal support and say "Gift Card" on the support line.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

jinhua

i got the same problem for my gift cards purchased back in 2015. 

This is not a valid claim link.

the phone for gift card services was never picked up. i also tried to call the paypal number but csr can not resolve this. if anyone has tried to contact them successfully. i would really appreciate you can share. 

Login to Me Too

gcshop
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased the gift cards from the official paypal buyer on ebay last summer.

When I clicked on the claim link, "This is not a valid claim link". It have also tried to call the paypal number too but the rep wasn't able to resolve this.

I am pretty stuck!!!!

Login to Me Too

ktowner
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought a Southwest gift card from Paypal ($200 in December 2016) and it says it's an invalid claim link. It’s been a nightmare and I still have no solution after communicating with literally 10 different reps.

After several days of emailing back and forth with customer service and them responding about the wrong transaction entirely, they said that I had to call them. After 20 minutes on hold and talking someone who had no idea what I was talking about, I was transferred to someone who confidently said that it was no problem and that he'd have a new one sent out “within five minutes.” I thought the ordeal was finally over! Over an hour later, I had gotten nothing so I emailed them again. They said the gift card was already fully claimed. Not true -- I checked and double-checked all of my Southwest travel receipts (there was only one for me and my partner) and at no time was a gift card used. I even looked at our credit card statements to make sure our airfare was fully paid with the credit card. A supervisor emailed me saying I had to contact Southwest. Obviously I can’t do that without the actual gift card code, so I started a chat session to see if I could finally get that much. After being transferred to various chat reps (one of which was very rude), they told me there’s nothing they could do but make sure a supervisor called me. I’m still waiting on that but not holding my breath on them helping.

After this nonsense, I will literally never use Paypal again, and I've been using them since 2005. My next course of action will be to file a dispute with the credit card I used through Paypal and then file a complaint with the FTC. People have always said Paypal is a sketchy company and now I know why.

Login to Me Too

kong6989
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. Not only southwest gift cards. My older order for Bestbuy giftcards are also not accessible as well as I just checked.  Talked to a handful of reps including a supervisor. It is not going anywhere yet. I suspect this has something to do with their system update last year as the supervisor indicates there has been some changes. But so far, my problem is still not solved. Some reps even told me I should have written it down as the link works only once... I will update here later when they call back, IF they call back...

But I will never buy any gift cards from Paypal Digital Gift again unless I can spend them right after...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.