PayPal refuse to give a refund so I've basically had £140 stolen from me

Dariov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

On February 14th I made an order on a website called Footpatrol for a pair of shoes. They arrived a few days later and I was disappointed with the quality so i used their free Royal Mail returns label to send them back on the 25th of February. 

After waiting over 2 weeks I still did not receive a refund so sent an email over to the store for an update. After 3 days they did not reply so I tried calling them. It took 4 attempts to actually get through and speak to someone and once I did I explained that I returned the shoes and the tracking says delivered but I have not yet heard anything about getting a refund. The person on the line responded "oh" and then hung up. 

After this I immediately opened a dispute on Paypal as it was clear the store was unwilling to help. This dispute was opened on the 20th of March and I uploaded an image of the proof of postage with the tracking code saying the item had been delivered. After a few weeks and still not response from the seller my case was closed and somehow decided in the sellers favour.

Obviously there has been a mistake so i call paypal, explain the situation and they agree with me and say they will have someone look into and and get back to me within 18 hours. After 24 hours I get no response so I call again and explain. The person I speak to this time again, agrees with me and thinks their has been a mistake and says, they are busy but I will have a response by the end of the day. It's now been 5 days since that phone call and I have not heard anything. I've tried calling again, but the phone lines are now closed. I've emailing Paypal multiple times now but no one actually looks into the case, they just say they same copy and pasted text from the website. 

I don't know what to do to get my money back now and am supper frustrated. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.