PayPal Resolution Unsatisfactory on Purchase from Fraudulent Site

cpekid
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a rug from azcozy.com based in TX for $50+ s/h. I received a fake foam mat. A similar image of the rug shown on the website was digitally printed on the mat. The company's resolution was either a 30% refund or full refund if I pay to return item to HONG KONG, not Texas (will cost over $30). Paypal is not allowing me to dispute this, even though the company fraudulently represented the item and their location. Any suggestions? I paid with a visa Sapphire card if that helps.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpekid 

Chinese / Asian Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpekid 

Chinese / Asian Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cpekid
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for the info. The site did have an actual mailing address in Texas, but I admit to not doing my due diligence in checking the company out. The PayPal return shipping option was unknown to me. That's a good resolution as it will pay most of the shipping to HK. I'll also check w/ my CC company on the chargeback option. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.