Need help getting refund, PayPal won't listen

Midgegal1993
Contributor
Contributor
I launched a resolution case with PayPal and have further texted my concerns but no one will listen to me, I'm not sure if it's a misunderstanding or they just don't care. I know it's not much money but it's the principle of it. This seller is dishonest. I purchased 4 items from Ebay from the same seller, 2 separate auctions, but added items to my cart so the price was combined. I paid with PayPal. The first thing I ordered was 2x tempered glass screen protectors for p30 pro($7.43) The second was for 2x tempered screen protectors p30 pro, for the camera element ($4.64) They were meant to come in the same letter envelope. I received the screen protectors. This didn't fit my phone at all, I asked for a refund, the seller said I could have one if I sent it back. My issue is they sold me a bad product, it wasn't a change of mind decision ,it didn't fit my phone in the slightest, it's not as described , so I did not want to spend my money returning it, which they may not even honnor due to their dishonest practices. They told me they had sent me the right product and I should have read the ad of it not fitting the edges (this is a huge gap not just edging) I told them I wanted a refund for the other items not received (camera protectors) and they told me they would sent a refund, this never happened. Fustrated I made a claim with PayPal to acquire a full refund for all products. (this should have come to 12.07 but for some reason stated the refund amount as $9.28 ) PayPal resolution centre told me I can get a refund when all items are send back to seller. Also, it was never acknowledged that 2 items never arrived even though I wrote it several times the issue just came up with item as not described. Firstly how can I send something back I never received, Secondly, as mentioned I wasn't going to spend money on a return that they probably wouldn't acknowledge. Fustrated with this, I have decided to count my losses and just asked for a refund of $4.64 for the protectors never received, I did this via sms service. PayPal told me they can't issue partial refunds. This is 2 separate auctions, how is it partial, the funds combined because I added to cart. All I want is my $4.64 back, they shouldn't be able to keep my money because they didn't provide the product. My question is how can I get my refund of 4.64 . PayPal won't give me a refund of a product I've never received, they're counting it as partial refund, ebay won't help because I have a case open with PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_April

Hello @Midgegal1993

As you stated that the two auctions were with the same seller, if all items were paid for at once this would mean that through PayPal it is considered one transaction. Now the one transaction or order would have multiple items to be received. If an Item Not Received case were to be filed it would be denied as you did receive something from that one order. As such the case should be a Not as Described case as you are missing items from the transaction. 

When a case is filed, the seller would have the opportunity to either offer or accept a partial refund. If the seller doesn't agree to a partial refund, PayPal will typically make the decision for the buyer to return whatever they did receive from that transaction in order to receive a full transaction refund. 

According to the terms of the User Agreement, if a Significantly Not as Described claim is resolved in favour of the buyer, the merchandise must be returned to the seller at the buyer's expense. This is because PayPal can only cover buyers up to the amount processed for the original payment as PayPal is unable to retrieve more than the original transaction amount from the seller's account. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.