Item Not As Described - Bought from Kpop Reseller, Just Received After Two Months

thechickenpasta
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys I need everyone's input and help.

So i bought two Kpop albums through proxy reseller that just arrived after two months. The proxy reseller had helped me to get the two Kpop albums from Bunjang Korea, which is not accessible to anyone other than South Korea. The seller on Bunjang initially listed both albums as BRAND NEW, so the proxy reseller had informed me that these two albums were brand new. But when they arrived, they were FILLED WITH SCRATCHES on the album cover, on the CD and the scratches are SO BAD, the CDs aren't in playable condition! What's more, the pages from the booklets in both albums were coming out. I then reached out to the proxy reseller about it. Before that, the proxy reseller informed me that the item was unfortunately not as described, and did inform me of its condition. but the proxy reseller strangely do not find the damages that bad...!? ERHERM, there's such a big scratch on one of the CDs, i don't think the CD itself can be saved! i I only got a $10 refund out of the total $170 that i had paid for for these two albums. I had asked the proxy reseller whether if they could get a full refund from the original Bunjang seller that they got the two albums from, so that I can get a full refund (because I feel it's unjust and cheated to have paid $170 for items that were originally described as BRAND NEW to be in such bad condition).

btw, the item was first shipped from South Korea to the proxy reseller, and then the proxy reseller repackages it to ship to my country. And...unfortunately, the proxy reseller told me that they don't earn much profit from it, hence only the $10 refund. Honestly, i doubt that they only earn this much profit, since their profile don't clearly state anywhere how much they earn per proxy order for every Kpop album.

I reallyyyyyyy want to escalate a claim to Paypal while I still can as the transaction enters its third and final month. I really want my money back because of how bad the condition is, and it's definitely not worth the $170 price tag. Should I escalate this to a claim? I really need your thoughts and inputs.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

thechickenpasta
Contributor
Contributor

oh I forgot to mention that the proxy reseller had apologised to me about it when they first received it from South Korea before repackaging it to ship to me. I know the condition was not the proxy reseller's fault. But seeing how terrible the condition of both albums are, and only receiving $10 out of the $170 i had paid for is just unfair.

And... i know, lesson learned, don't spend so much on Kpop albums anymore. And i definitely will not spend this much on them every again, after this experience.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thechickenpasta 

YES ESCALATE.

Also i hope you have activated this link in case you have to return the item?

https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-(malaysia-and...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thechickenpasta
Contributor
Contributor

hey! thanks for the reply! I think yes, I'm gonna escalate

update: 3 days ago, the seller had said if I insisted for a full refund, they said that I should return both kpop albums to them , but at my own expense. ALSO, they said that they would only provide the full refund once they receive it. But the catch is, the albums took two months to reach from Vietnam to Malaysia, two whole months! I'm afraid that by the time it reaches them, I wouldn't be eligible for a refund anymore, and then there's no guarantee if they would even refund me. Isn't it normally that they refund first, then we provide the tracking number? Or is it the other way around? Can someone educate me on this? But anyhow, I think I will escalate directly to a claim regardless, and see if I can get reimbursement in return shipping costs.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.