I was scammed by a company and PayPal isn't helping me

jan6115
Contributor
Contributor

A company named JIA AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (HK) COMPANY LTD, posted an advertisement on Facebook for equestrian riding boots manufactured by a well-known company named Ariat. I purchased two pairs of boots and a pair of shoes. I paid the merchant through PayPal. The merchant literally ran off with my money. I did not receive a confirmation of the sale. I did not receive any communication from the merchant. I have not received the merchandise and it has been over one month. PayPal partners with this scam merchant. PayPal should stand by their guarantee that, if a merchant runs off with the customer's money and doesn't provide the merchandise, PayPal is to intervene and provide resolution and, ultimately,  a refund for the customer. PayPal is disappearing from its responsibilities in exactly the same way as the scam merchant disappeared with my money. Both of my claims with PayPal were denied. The first one was denied because I didn't provide supporting documentation. I HAVE NO SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO PROVIDE - THE SCAM COMPANY LITERALLY RAN OFF WITH MY MONEY AND GAVE ME NO DOCUMENTATION. My second request was to reopen the claim and that request was instantly denied by PayPal. I think PayPal is partnering with scam companies to share in the profits when scam companies run off with a customer's money. There appears to be no customer guarantee at PayPal, if a merchant disappears with a customer's money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JBinPA
Contributor
Contributor

This service is a joke. People who get taken from an online fraud, and there is absolutely zero protection for that person. Yeah, we all know, buyer beware. But when a service, such a paypal offers it's customers a false sense of protection. People should take a second look at all the negative activity of said service and use another service that actually protects its buyers . In case anyone missed it, there are a lot of services like this one, who actually deliver a much better and reliable service. 

Buyer beware, start looking for a better service cause this one sucks!

Login to Me Too

jan6115
Contributor
Contributor
I was also scammed by, what looked like a legitimate advertisement on Facebook. I paid the merchant but didn't receive the merchandise. PayPal DOESN'T help in the least. I tried to work through the dispute/claim process and was given an immediate decline/denial. No system or employee would have even had a chance to read or consider the information I provided before it was declined. Really terrible service.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.