I have complied with the "PayPal Buyer Protection" but STILL no refund.

scubatony
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there Guys & Gals
As the thread title says I have complied with the "PayPal Buyer Protection" but STILL no refund" yes that's right.
It is my understanding that PayPal offers Buyer Protection and will reimburse buyers who meet our eligibility requirements and the item received is significantly different from how the seller described it.
Please allow me to explain.
I have an Audi A3, now on the eBay’s “my garage” system my particular vehicle is as follows;
8 P1 [2003 -2012] 1.9Tdi Hatchback 1896cm 105HP 77Kw and the engine code is BLS, mine is 2009 plate.
So I wanted some fog lights for my vehicle, after a lot of searching I found some although I was a bit dubious because at this time there was only two photos (two together & one on its own) both were only front view.
The seller described these fog lights as, and I quote “Taken from Audi in good working condition suitable for h7 bulbs will fit most Audi’s, vw and seats”
Any Audi A3 owners on here will know just how many variables there are.
Anyway the fogs light arrived
After a flurry of eBay messages the seller refused to accepter my return, so I got eBay involved and I prepared the following statement;
“I will reply to this “revision of feedback” in order raised; Background I am a Certificated Electro Mechanical Engineer (now retired)Yes the seller is quite correct I did ask for “part numbers and extra pictures” who wouldn’t. 17 April eBay messaging system. As far as I could see the part numbers seemed dubious but on my detailed analysis I could not find the fitment for my Audi A3 hence my request for the return on 5 May eBay messaging system. Now we come to this remark of the “at least an hour phone call”. I received the fog lights in just about 5 working days.
I look at my original for comparison and they seemed different, so then as described above I went back on the Internet but this time I had the units in front of me.The part number embossed on the glass is “part number is depo 441-2022L and then 441-2022R” which is WRONG. After extensive research the true part number is “Part Number, 4412022RUE” That does NOT fit my Audi A3, yes it does fit some early Audi A3’s but not mine. My vehicle is an Audi A3 8P1 [2003-2012] 1.9Tdi Hatchback 1896cm 105HP 77Kw this value can be found on the eBay “my garage” system.
If the seller had told me the year of the vehicle I would have declined immediately.The fact that I supposedly asked for help in wiring these fog lights up is absolutely laughable and a downright fabrication of the truth and it is told to make the sellers case seem plausible ! ! !
If the seller looks at my feedback they will see that I have a 100% and purchase and sell laptops and parts, so wiring up a couple of fog lights is simple.We now go onto the last statement, “as would cost me more than lights are worth” on that basis the lights are not worth £15.00 but less than £2.95, which is absolutely ludicrous. I paid £15.00 for the lights and £5.20 for the p&p, the seller charged me for a Royal Mail small parcel which is £2.95 (online) that an outright profit of £2.25 and the seller used an old “Malteasers chocolate box and a bit of paper towel. So not only have I got the wrong lights but I have had my nosed rubbed in it with the profit on postage.I stand by what I have said and now want to return these lights, I will even pay for the return postage of £2.95 to help things along, once that is achieved I will revise my eBay feedback. This is being sent through the eBay messaging system so that EVERYBODY can read it and digest it contents”.
So respectfully I will now draw your attention to the following;
PayPal offers Buyer Protection and will reimburse buyers who meet our eligibility requirements and the item received is significantly different from how the seller described it, as seen earlier.
Then the above statement which totally contradicts the PayPal buyer protection.
So the question is as follows;
1. Should I get the whole of my money back £20.20
2. If I get my money back is it OK for me to pay the return postage of £2.95
I would like to know that if PayPal & eBay ever read these threads.

I have tried the disputes process but for one reason or another I could not get anywhere.

One of the reasons is the Covid 19 and sparse  attendance of Customer Service agents.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

scubatony
Contributor
Contributor

I have just found this WITHIN the PayPal website;

You can open  a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if

• You don't receive the item
  • You receive an item but it's significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller's website

The second bullet point can be seen in my thread starter, as seen above;

"will fit most Audi's, vw and seats"

Well they do not fit mine

Login to Me Too

scubatony
Contributor
Contributor

I have just waited for one and a half hours for the contact centre (chat session) to get back to me.

Their opening words were "we will get back to you WITHIN one hour.

So with that said I have started a case with "Resolver"

I will keep you Guys & Gals updated  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.