Highly suspected fraudulent sellers and eBay not taking immediate action

Kim_K
New Community Member

I purchased a handbag from a seller in Israel. I became suspicious when the seller did not respond to a question I had regarding shipping. Looking further into the sellers account it looked to be fraudulent. After five attempts in as many days of trying to communicate with this seller, There has been no response, the seller was paid immediately upon the auction ending and the item still has not shipped. It also appears that the photos of the handbag I purchased are of a counterfeit handbag. I called eBay after not being able to resolve anything online and was basically cut short and sent an email on how to request a refund. They also informed me that I had to wait another three days to hear back from the seller. What makes them think the seller is going to respond at this point when they couldn’t even respond to a question regarding shipping. Asking for a refund prior to an item shipping should not be a problem for this so-called seller as they clearly state in their “listing” that they have a “14 day moneyback return policy.” As soon as I became suspect of the sellers legitimacy I tried to find out if there was a way for PayPal to at least put a temporary hold on the funds until the seller responded or could be verified legitimate. As things stand right now the seller was paid days ago, my account has a $135.10 less in it, the seller has not made a single attempt to contact me, eBay says I still have to wait longer for the seller to contact me and to top everything else off it also looks like the seller sold the Identical handbag to a different auction winner nine days prior to me winning the auction I won. I asked eBay if they could simply look into this account and see if that previous purchase had shipped, they did not give me an answer. I also informed them that this particular seller only had a total of three things sold and nothing currently listed for sale. Two of those items that are shown as being sold were those identical listings for the auction I won and the auction that someone else won 9 days prior. In addition to that there was a $1700 pen listed as sold. All three of these sold transactions took place right around the same time. Why won’t eBay take this kind of stuff seriously and look into cases that are highly suspected fraud immediately? Why does PayPal not have a better way to communicate or offer an way to reverse a transaction on a temporary basis when cases of the fraud or scamming are highly suspected?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.