Goods not received

revenge2
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered 4 hammock tents from Pretty Pilus, received 3 cheap card holders. Weeks of emailing where they insisted hammocks had been sent eventually admitting they sent wrong goods, offered a 20% discount if I keep the card holders, then 30% followed by 40%.

Raised  dispute with PayPal giving them the invoice numbers for the four  hammocks, they are pursuing dispute for ONE hammock.

Opened reviews on this company, turns out most people who ordered goods from this company received, you guessed it, CARD HOLDERS.

Now my question is. Why are PayPal still doing business with this company, from what I read I am not the only one who complained to PayPal.

I contacted my bank who going to pursue this company for a FULL refund. Don't know if they will be successful  or not, but at least they are prepared to have a go.

It's time something was done about these scammers,the social media accepts ads from them, and the poor consumer assumes because they are advertised in a particular media they are okay to deal with.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

BardKnight
New Community Member
I had a similar experience with these people. I sent Paypal various pictures clearly showing how I was ripped off and they didn't do anything about it. Was only offered a partial refund, which is probably more insulting and I would only accept a full refund. I guess it's my fault for falling into that trap, knowing that it was too good to be true. I paid around $20 for supposedly one of those portable monitors you attach to your laptop, yet they just sent a stupid little box for putting business cards or something.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.