Gearbest warranty

Fredbike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought a phone 08/2017 (oneplus 5).

6 months later the home button did not work anymore.

Gearbest ask me to send the phone to Spain for repair. (At the moment I live in Uk).

A month later Gearbest tell me:"After inspecting it carefully with our technicians, we regret to inform you that this item cannot be repaired."

They offer me a refund  of 40% of price. No more. 

My expectation was to get my phone repaire from GB or a full refund or at least replace my phone by another with same spec.

Does Paypal could help me with with subject, how, what should I do?

Ps : You start to see how serious is a company when you have an issue. 

Thanks for your support.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Fredbike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know about what paypal can do if we are in the first six months. Issue happened 6 months and 7 days!!!

About the Consumer Rights Act, it's look like it's for product you buy in UK. 

I bought mine in China. At any point the Website mention "consumer right act". They only mention is my product is under warranty for one year.

Offer me 40% of the value for the phone after 6 months is not fair at all. At least they should be more clear on the Website if this is the policy of the warranty.

I will close this subject as PayPal can't support me.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Fredbike wrote:

Hi,

I bought a phone 08/2017 (oneplus 5).

6 months later the home button did not work anymore.

Gearbest ask me to send the phone to Spain for repair. (At the moment I live in Uk).

A month later Gearbest tell me:"After inspecting it carefully with our technicians, we regret to inform you that this item cannot be repaired."

They offer me a refund  of 40% of price. No more. 

My expectation was to get my phone repaire from GB or a full refund or at least replace my phone by another with same spec.

Does Paypal could help me with with subject, how, what should I do?

Ps : You start to see how serious is a company when you have an issue. 

Thanks for your support.

Hi @Fredbike,

Unfortunately, once a period of 6 months has passed, the purchase cannot be disputed via Resolution Center. PayPal are not liable to reverse the funds from their account or investigate a claim.

Aside from this, I can also confirm that the businesses decision to offer a reduced refund is compliant with the Consumer Rights Act. It is unfortunate that the item has impaired past 180 days, otherwise there could have been a more favoured outcome.

Please click here for further information from Which? in relation to this query.

"The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful."

Login to Me Too
Solved

Fredbike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know about what paypal can do if we are in the first six months. Issue happened 6 months and 7 days!!!

About the Consumer Rights Act, it's look like it's for product you buy in UK. 

I bought mine in China. At any point the Website mention "consumer right act". They only mention is my product is under warranty for one year.

Offer me 40% of the value for the phone after 6 months is not fair at all. At least they should be more clear on the Website if this is the policy of the warranty.

I will close this subject as PayPal can't support me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.