Fraudulent seller. Ebay and Paypal unwilling to help.

mv115
New Community Member

I purchased a PS4 VR from a seller in the UK. The item never arrived. The seller claimed to have dispatched the item but did not provide a tracking number in Ebay. When I asked him for a tracking number he claimed that he could not provide it because he had thrown away the receipt as it was no longer useful to him.

I then opened a case with Ebay because the item had not arrived and there was no way of me tracking it. Ebay quickly closed the case within 30 minutes because they say the seller had provided proof of delivery. That was it, case closed. They did not even share that proof of delivery with me. 

I then contacted the seller again and asked him to share with me the proof of delivery that he had given to Ebay. Again he said that he could not give me the proof of delivery but insisted that the parcel had been delivered and signed for by someone in my building. I asked him to at least tell me the name of the person that had signed for the parcel but he could'nt do that too.

I then opened a new case with paypal who also closed it in 30 mins because they claim the seller had provided proof of delivery. Again, this proof of delivery is not being shared with me. I have tried to dispute this resolution but there is no way of doing that for me. I have tried calling paypal but robots keep passing my call back and forth. I am unable to speak to a human being who can look into my case.

So I have not received my goods and ebay and paypal are not interested in giving me a refund.

The last response i got from the seller is as follows and I quote:

" Firstly you opened a case against me with eBay causing me an absolute nightmare.
I resolved that case and now you have decided to harass me with constant messages.
You now have just opened a PayPal request claim through PayPal.
I will not be treated in such a manner.
Due to your disgraceful actions I will no longer be replying to any of your messages.
If you hadn't have caused me such an annoyance then I would have been prepared to help you.
The lesser people on eBay like you the better.
Jon.
Jofinc-87 "

This clearly shows that this seller is not interested in helping me find the parcel he claims to have dispatched. Ebay has a copy of these messages but is not interested. Paypal is also not willing to help.

What do I do in such a situation?

This is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen. It is safe to say that I will no longer be using ebay and paypal. I will stick to Amazon. There is no such drama with them. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mv115 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mv115 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.