Fraudulent activity

Nadja7765
Contributor
Contributor

So I was stupid enough to let a so called 'friend' deposit money into my paypal account. She claimed at the time that she was stuck in France with her two kids with no access to her bank account as everything (ID, cards) was stolen. I believed her because I have known the family for years. Long story short the money she deposited turned out to be from a fraud scheme. She was using my account to 'sell' time in a holiday villa in Spain. The victims paid me believing they are paying for their holiday and I took the payments believing it was her commission for writing jobs. I then withdrew the money to my bank account and sent it to her to a thomas cook card which she would use until her new passport and bank cards arrived from the UK. Obviously her lies came to light and I immediately stopped sending her the money but not before paypal has refunded 3 of the 4 buyers. I am now £1300 in dept to them despite explaining that both, buyers and myself have been conned. I never authorised any sale to take place. 2 of the 3 cases were charge backs with the victims claiming someone fraudulently used their cards. The first was an item not received dispute. All of which were decided in the buyers favour. I was basically told by paypal that I am lying and how could I not be suspicious.  (latest phone call of about 20) I have police reports both local and international since this is a rather big fraud case as the fraudster, Paula Neale, has apparently been at it for years. Google her to see what I mean. 

I just don't understand how I am called a liar and been made liable for everyone's mistake. Both the buyer and I were equally at fault for believing stories yet I am called a liar and told it is my fault and two of the buyers are lying (I am sure no one used their cards to make these payments without permission) and and receiving their money back?  I have never had any debts or done anything illegal and this is very upsetting for me. So far I have had nothing but abuse from paypal with exception of one clerk who tried to help. They are completely ignoring that fraud has taken place so I want this go to court but I want to find out what other people are thinking? Any thought would be very appreciated

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.