Fraud

6925venison
Contributor
Contributor

So I have been speaking with someone that is supposed to be with pay pal . I had accounts hacked. After much lengthy time on phone i am now asked to allow a download of a program  that is Military Grade to continue to protect my computer while investigation is still ongoing.  They are saying that it is 500.00 but i will not be charge as i can go pick up a voucher from a business such as Kroger, Target, Cvs to apply to my Pay Pal account so I won't be charged for it.. use it to apply to the charge. Has anyone else had this type of experience. Apparantly I have been hacked bad..I am not sure what step to take as now i only have 12 hours to decide or case will be dropped.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@6925venison 

Its a SCAM.
It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.