Fraud backed by paypal

tanffn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

After not receiving the ordered and with no response from the seller I opened a dispute.

The seller responded with a tracking number and the dispute got closed after a month (no refund).

*** BUT, the seller sent a letter with a trash bag in it! ***

I found no way to add that information to the dispute.

I sent several emails and received only automated replies.

I called and paypal and automated answering system said there are no available representative and hangedup!

How is that OK..?

What can I do?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tanffn
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe I am the only one this kind of fraud happened to..

What can I do? 

Who should I contact?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanffn 

If you 'received' an item then why did you open a dispute for non receipt of item which the seller would win if they sent a tracking number?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tanffn
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

At the moment I opened the dispute nothing was sent.

When I did receive the shipment I tried to add to the dispute a photo of the latter containing a trash bag,  but I was unable to find a way to add anything to an ongoing dispute.

So I tried to contact via email and phone, both options led me to automated answering system..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanffn 

You should have had the option to 'change' the dispute from non receipt to not as described as long as you had not escalated it.

If you escalated it and the item turned up then the only option is contacting customer services to change it.

As its now presumably closed then again if you contact them and explain they may well open another one for you as you can't open a second yourself.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

soumay
Contributor
Contributor
Sir please my paypal account block helpme.slove my account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.