Fell for the solar flickering light ad, got burned.

ccc123
Contributor
Contributor

So I fell for the Facebook ad advertising the burning light solar flame bulbs.  This was advertised as a solar bulb with a torch.  I received my order weeks later.  Electric bulbs only.  Seller says I asked for these, although the ad is clearly misleading.  There are 100's of complaints about these companies out of China selling these bulbs.  I filed a complaint.  Seller says they will refund me 20% of my $64.00 purchase.  I said no. Seller says I can return the item.  Cost of returning items to China runs $70 as I need tracking and insurance.  (Though it has been my experience that this still doesn't guarantee a return).  Paypal says I may qualify for a $30 return shipping label.  Like said, there are 100's of complaints about these companies.  I want to close my PayPal account forever and be done with them, but apparently, I can't do that as I have an open claim which isn't be solved anyway. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ccc123 

Facebook is mostly full of sellers from China as Facebook does not vet sellers, their websites as well are easy to spot.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (which the despatch depot probably is) BUT they will ask for returns back to China at a cost nearly always more than the item is worth so not worth returning.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

txgal1013
New Community Member
Something similar happened to me. It took over a month to receive my tall sollar torches from China. After a month, I received this crap that were 6 torches that were 12 inches tall including the steaks! I have yard ones and loved them and they are over 3 feet tall...not from this company KisKiss but I'm sure all they do is keep changing their name. I paid $42 for this useless crap. I thought that since PayPal was paid through my credit card, I would have some protection. I did not. I will NEVER use PayPal and am cancelling my account! BEWARE! I will NEVER buy something directly from another country and will oy use my credit card on a secure site. What a rip off!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.