Facebook Scam: **bleep**ou (sz) Tech co.,limited and Paypal protection?

DrStu
New Community Member

Hi,

Re: **bleep**ou (sz) Tech co.,limited

In May 20 I bought a product from a facebook advert, thinking it was being sent from the US. A child's bike seat bracket for an adult mountain bike costing me $26.99. At the end of June I received an unknown package from China, which turned out to be a cheap bike seat cushion cover.  It was addressed to me but no idea why.  I then did some searching on google and realised it was a scam, many people had done the same thing with different products.  The return address shows: Y&G F2P, Unit 5 Trident Way, Southall, UB2 5LF, which is apparently not even a return address.

As I purposely paid using Paypal (for protection) I raised a a dispute with the seller, who gave me two options, to return the product for refund (warning me in advance that it would cost more than I paid for the item) or to accept a part refund of around 20%.  This is totally unacceptable so I escalated the dispute with paypal giving all the info and pictures.  Paypal contacted me today to say that the seller has agreed to issue a full refund but first I have to send back to China within 9 days.  This will cost more than I originally paid!!!!!! I am trying to contact paypal to say why this is unacceptable but there doesn't seem to be anyway, trying to talk to someone in person isn't possible and I have been given 2 options, to post the item back and send Paypal the tracking No. or close the case!  

At the moment I think even Paypal is even a complete waste of time, it gives no protection whatsoever and just allows people to be scammed!  Has anyway had  similar issues and if so is there any way to get out of this?

Best Regards

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

K-mum
New Community Member
I have received an small envelope today with a skeleton bracelet! Not anything I ordered, from the same Y&G address! Annoyed to know I have now been suckered into something, was meant to be hair curlers!
Login to Me Too

Pixie1983
Contributor
Contributor
So i seen a facebook ad advertising a clock with mini nike trainers on paid £25.90 for this through PayPal the company was called maxwell strategy Waited patiently and then received this random cheap bracelet from a place which looked like china but had y&g f2p Southall as the return address. Like many of you i typed that in and realised id been scammed. Reading your comments im not even sure if its worth messaging paypal to step in 😞
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.