Extremely frustrated with (apparently useless) "Buyer Protection" and the dispute process

gerobazant
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item online that turned out to have been shipped from China (I know, stupid me!). Low and behold, the item wasn't even close to what was advertised--instead of a product being worth ~$88 it was a small piece of plastic crap. When I contacted the seller they said they would refund if I sent the item back to China. So I did some research and saw numerous online claims by people who sent their same crappy items back but never received the refund. I'm not willing to pay $15 to send some plastic junk to China without being assured that I will get my money back.

Enter PayPal Resolution. Long story short: they were of NO help. Essentially, they sided with the seller and that's that. What in the world kind of "Buyer Protection" is that if there's no recourse from being scammed out of money??

Anybody know of any way to contest this? There's not even a way to respond on that case. ARGH.

Listen, PayPal - this was the LAST time I will have used your services to check out unless it's a well-known vendor... and even then I will default to a different form of payment if I have any chance to do so.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Claro_2020
Contributor
Contributor

There must be a legal way to look at PP buyer protection. I have had a very inconsistent experience with the protection part of it. 

Incidentally, also with a transition involving a seller in China. However, I receive products from China regularly and problems are rare.

I'm frustrated at the PayPal team in Europe---either the tools or leadership is somewhat dysfunctional.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.