Crogreat.com is a complete scam!

John4563
Contributor
Contributor

Luckily I only purchased one of these pathetic dogs.  On Facebook, they were hand painted, very realistic.  What I received was a $3 dog that moves (which I purchased before from someone else a little while ago.). This toy is a far cry from the one advertised and does not do all the tricks and "normal" dog behaviors as advertised on Facebook and the videos ($42).  Yes, I have been scammed!  Just glad I didn't take them up on the "buy 3 - BIG discount!" offer. Buyer beware!  There does not appear to be any refund available.  There is a small card enclosed for "Refunds - Complaints-Suggestions".  It is a non-existant email address and PayPal is no help.  Beware!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@webster78 

@John4563 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

If you lose because the seller provides a fake tracking number then post back here for more advice.
If the item arrives and its not what you ordered / not as described then make sure you change the dispute quickly from non receipt. If the dispute times out before you can change it then contact customer services to open a second dispute for the new reason.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bunns
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered two of the "lifelike dogs" advertised on FB. I also got cheap dogs that simply bark and Kinda walk. 

When my children were little, the local mall had the very same dogs except the would walk, bark and do a perfect flip, landing on their feet.

Make it so bad? only one of my two dogs actually works. 

They look nothing nothing nothing like the advertised item on FB. 

Login to Me Too

Dch48
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree. The item received neither looks nor works like it’s advertised to. I’m opening a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Lunarshadows75
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to cancel my order within an hour and a half of placing it. I was so excited about being able to order it that I looked it up on YouTube. And found several videos of what you actually get. Many people have been scammed by these people. I emailed back and forth for a few days. Telling him that I wanted to cancel and for him not to charge my card or send the item. First he offered 5% discount. I said no, I don't want it. Cancel my order. Then he offered 10% discount. I again said NO, cancel my order. Even AFTER several messages of me saying that I wanted to cancel my order, he STILL took the money off my card, full price mind you. And sent this POS which you can probably buy for 12 bucks in the baby department of Walmart. I had just got a new phone, so even though I used PayPal to pay for it, I didn't sign in to my PayPal account. So idk what to do about it. I'm out damn near 50 dollars.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lunarshadows75 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services and your card issuer to query the transactions.

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.

OR

2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dch48
Contributor
Contributor

I put in a dispute to PayPal and in less than 24 hours got a full refund and I don’t even have to send the thing back.  They must have had a lot of complaints.

Login to Me Too

gskin09
I ordered a plastic bird feeder and when I finally received it..the box inside the plastic bag was damaged and the feeder was totally destroyed!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.