Can't get a refund paid into my paypal account

AnnaA1
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the worst time with Paypal and trying to get help.  Can anyone help me?

We ordered some goods from Screwfix.ie  on the 26th Feb and the delivery never arrived.  

We contacted Screwfix and heard nothing initially.  So, we then contacted paypal and notified them that the goods had not been received.

Then Screwfix got in touch and said that the goods had not been delivered as they courier 'could not find us'.  Basically it was raining and he did not want to get out of his van.  We have goods delivered here all the time and there is never a problem, plus there is always someone in.

We asked Screwfix to ask the courier to try again and deliver.

Screwfix said they could not  as we had raised an issue with Paypal and that would stop them re-deliverying.

We went on the paypal website and noted that the seller had now been in touch and was now promising to get the goods delivered.

Despite all this the courier sent the goods back to Screwfix.

Screwfix told us we would have to re-order and so we did - so we have now paid twice.

Screwfix told us they would refund the first payment via Paypal on the 16th March.

We never received the refund - paypal refuse to help as they say the 'complaint was settled in favour of the seller' whatever that means. I just keep getting standard responses to them.  None of their correspondence indicates that they have understood the query.  There is not a transaction that is in dispute.  A refund was agreed - a refund according to Screwfix was paid to paypal on the 16th March and they provided me with what should have been the reference for this.  

So, either Screwfix is lying about the refund - or Paypal has simply taken my money.  It might only be 73,40 euros, but to be honest right now that is fairly signficant.

I can get absolutely no help from Screwfix or Paypal.  Each referring to each other and nobody taking ownership of the problem.

Any advice anybody?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnnaA1 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he didn't you should escalate to a claim.
Once closed the seller can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

If they had issued you a refund then you would have had a paypal email to confirm a refund had been made and it would show in your paypal account transaction history. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.