Can anyone help please?

Nancy2252
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item I thought was coming from the USA, shipping details showed China. I would never have purchased had I known this. Item arrived and needless to say it is looks like a rag and far too small. I have raised a dispute but they want me to return the item back to China, which is going to cost more than I paid. There doesn’t seem to be an option on the dispute to add further comments, only to add tracking etc. Is there anything more I can do? I don’t want to spend anymore money on this piece of junk. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20210726
Contributor
Contributor
I have money on PayPal account since last year but it's not coming out
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nancy2252 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.