CRAZY CHARGEBACK STORY BANK CLOSED AND PAYPAL STILL SIDED AGAINST ME

Brianna1983
Contributor
Contributor

This is such a long story I will try to edit it and still provide all pertinent information. Let me start off and say that there were 6 cases open on Paypal as unauthorized transactions. It was a miscommunication with my family. I am an authorized user on BOTH Paypal accounts in question AND the bank. My father opened a dispute because he didn’t recognize the charges, they were under my business name. Opened with suntrust bank on August 29th. On September 11th they CLOSED the case and stated that the transactions were authorized. We have the same last name and billing address and again I’m an authorized user on the bank AND “buyer” Paypal account and I’m the sole owner of the “seller” Paypal account. We thought it was all done then and no harm. 

September 14th 4 cases were open and an additional 2 were open on the 17th. The same transactions that were the disputed ones on suntrust. Paypal said I had to talk to my financial institution to get them closed. So I called suntrust AND the buyer (my mother) called suntrust and Paypal as well to try to get this fixed. Suntrust opened another investigation to investigate the case to verify it was closed. They came back and said indeed they were closed and they were authorized and Paypal should return my (sellers) money. Called Paypal back and they insisted that wasn’t the case, that they had nothing to do with it and could NOT help me. Called Suntrust AGAIN and messaged with their secure messaging system so that we would have “Evidence” to provide to Paypal.

They confirmed that they did everything they could on their end and the case was closed properly and permanently and there was NOTHING FURTHER they could do, that they already provided Paypal with this information. 

Paypal has now decided all 6 cases. 5 AGAINST ME (in favor of the buyer) and 1 in my favor. And remember they are all the same type of transaction between the same 2 parties so that in and of itself makes no sense. So now it gets REALLY interesting.......412.72 has been DEBITED from my account. 100.00 in chargeback fees and 312.72 in transaction amounts.......but they were NEVER credited back to the buyers suntrust account. Suntrust verified that there have been NO credits associated with ANY of the 6 transactions....not by Suntrust and not by PayPal......because if it had been, we were just going to pull the money out of the bank and give it back to me and then try to get the chargeback amounts fixed.  Can’t do that because as of now, NEITHER THE BUYER OR THE SELLER HAVE A PENNY OF THE 312.72......

I asked if we could do a 3 way call and that way suntrust and Paypal could see that they just kept pointing the finger at each other. They said they can’t do that. So tell me a few things that really stand out here.....

1. WHERE did the money go?
2. How can a transaction be unauthorized when the one making the transactions is an AUTHORIZED USER with a debit card IN THEIR NAME to the accounts?

3. How can the bank side with the seller and then Paypal side with the buyer?

4. Even when the BUYER called Paypal and explained that she did NOT want to dispute the transactions and wanted these cases closed?

5. How can 1 case be sided in favor of the seller, citing “after we’ve reviewed your evidence provided we have decided in your favor” but the other 5 , with the SAME EVIDENCE provided, be closed in the buyers favor and for the reason, it says “OTHER”?

To conclude, I provided NUMEROUS screenshots and messages and even the case number from the bank showing it’s been closed permanently because it was ruled AUTHORIZED......and the fact that it was closed on the 11th and then 4 cases were open on Paypal on the 14 and 2 more on the 17......nothing about this makes any sense. And me being an AUTHORIZED user should really have been all the evidence they needed, and then speaking to the buyer who’s begging them to return the money to the seller.......all that combined I do not understand how this is happening to me right now! What more can I possibly do? I just had to pay 300 in eBay fees yesterday so I DESPERATELY need my money back. And 100 dollars in chargeback fees?!?!

PLEASE SOMEBODY ANYBODY HELP ME

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.