Buyers BEWARE: "Arctic Air ULTRA" vs "Arctic Air Chillbox" by Brownstone Resources

Dotland101US
Contributor
Contributor

***[BUYERS BEWARE]***    I ordered this supposedly a mini A/C unit called "Arctic Air CHILLBOX" from Brownstone Resources (Garden Groves, CA) which costs $89.99 each.... Well, they sent me a different product, called "Arctic Air ULTRA" not only that it looked nothing like what they advertised, I googled this "Ultra" version and found out it's sold for only "$39.99... As Seen on TV".... even Walmart advertised it for much less at $61.  AND... it didn't "cool the room in 6 minutes"... yada.. yada.. yada... either!  I sat about a foot away from it and it's no different than a fan but with water dripping as extra!!  Well, I called their c/s and talked to this idiot named "Sherwinn/Sherwynn" (like the paints).... he tried to tell me that this "Ultra" version is "an upgrade" and that the "Chillbox" is phasing out model... total LIAR!!  This "Ultra" version been sold "as seen on TV" for who knows how long while their ads on YouTube claiming that a man named "Vincent" just invented this "Chillbox" last year while lost his job during COVID pandemic.... yada.. yada.. yada..... (Again SCAM ads!!)  Anyway, no matter who invented it, my point is I ordered and paid for "Arctic Air CHILLBOX" and I expected EXACTLY THAT, not some knock-off version and being lied to...  I believe this Brownstone co will not send the "Chillbox" version until they cleared their warehouse out of the old "Ultra" version first?!?!!  Not only that, then this Sherwynn guy told me I would have to pay 10% restocking fee if I want to return it  AND pay for the return shipping myself!!  He couldn't get it in his head that ALL this BS is NOT my fault, it's theirs!!  Why should I pay again to return this dripping water piece of junk to them when they already charged me $8.99 on top of $89.99 when I ordered it?!?!!!  Didn't even bother to give customer update on order status, no tracking info, nothing!  I had to call their c/s before they would give me the tracking #..........   It's clear that this idiot (Sherwynn) just couldn't comprehend why customers shouldn't pay for such and such when there is problem with their product, so he hung up the phone on me bec we couldn't agree on who should pay for returning shipping (even though they advertised that it's "30 days guaranteed."
Soooo, now I have filed a complaint with PayPaL and just escaladed the case bec it's been 3 days and NO response from this vendor.  Let's see if they wold refund my money in full or not, or if I have to file a complaint with FTC and the Consumer Protection at California AG office next or not.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dotland101US 

You 'may' still have to return it but escalate your dispute to a claim and if the seller doesn't respond you may get lucky and not have to.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dotland101US
Contributor
Contributor

Already escaladed my case with PayPal Solution ctr.  They contacted that vendor and offered Partial refund, -$10 from what I paid for, but I don't have to pay shipping to return the junk to this sleazy "Brownstone," so it's acceptable, I just cut the loss, don't want to spend any more time on this crap.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dotland101US 

ok, you're welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.