Buyer protection is a joke

Faisal666
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some silver coins online and paid using paypal. As it turns out the seller did not send me the complete order. Nor did he bother to tell me he was! So i recieved half the order and escalted the issue to paypal. Paypal then told me to send the order back to the seller via tracking for a full refund. I did this then paypal refused to pay me. I escalated the issue twice and they kept referring me to their terms and conditions. But my point is that paypal provided a service to this seller and paypal told me to return the goods. How then could they refuse to refund me ? This is theft. Paypal buyer protection is a joke

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faisal666

Did you return the items trackable? Did tracking prove delivery of the items back to the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Faisal666
Contributor
Contributor
Half the order that i did recieve was sent back via trackable delivery at an added cost. Yet my refund was still refused. They kept referring to their terms and conditions. Apparently because in their mind the purchase of silver coins was currency. But then why provide a service to this seller. Seller now has my money and paypal refuse to help. I think they are ignoring me now. I sent an email to paypal and they replied with irrelevant jargon. I called paypal and they did not ring me back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faisal666

Well yes there terms and conditions do state that 'currency' is not covered but that is hardly the point is it. They should have stated that and not agreed to you sending the currency back in the first place.

Now you have done everything they told you to do they are refusing to refund you which personally I think is pretty poor customer service.

I would ring them again and state that whilst you appreciate you were not covered, you were not TOLD that until they said to return the item so that has caused you more expense doing what they told you to do.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.